Wednesday, November 22, 1995

Options Trading FAQ Thanksgiving List 1995

An Options Trading FAQ Thanksgiving List for 1995

This year, the Options Trading FAQ is thankful for:

1) The Dow Jones hitting the 5,000 mark. It takes a dramatic all time high in the market to get the equity in my trading account back to only mildly shameful losses.

2)The zealousness of the new products departments at the option exchanges. I’ve got great new indices to trade such as the Internet, Forest & Paper, REIT, Latin, and Global Telecom. Was getting tired of losing money in the same old things.

3) Alexander Graham Bell’s mom and dad. Without their friskiness, I wouldn’t get any of those dinner time stockbroker calls. It gets lonely and boring with just the old lady and my 14 kids. Five hotshot brokers, and I still can’t get a share of the Netscape IPO!

4) That ole demon time decay. Nothing like it to remind us to enjoy each moment to the fullest. All I need do is to call up a quote on the options I own to see how precious time is.

5) The ever-vigilant SEC. May you always be around to keep a level playing field for us little guys. Unless, of course, I’m the one with the inside info. If that’s the case, hassle someone else, pig.

6) My fellow geeks on the Internet. Without the incessant rumor mongering on the stock boards, I would have missed losing money in such gems as AKSEF, URT, CAML, and the Voisey Bay nonsense.

7) The hotshot tricksters at Barings and Daiwa. See, Santa? This old scamster looks like a cub scout next to those guys.

8) Those daily credit card offers in my mailbox. Your convenience checks are great! My margin guy accepts them just as if they were actually worth something.

9) Orange County’s derivative losses. I needed the company. As I told my wife, - See? The big boys got snookered in this derivatives stuff too. So, I’m not as unique a fool as you think. Her reply - Yeah, but who do you get to sue? Yourself?

10) The dear readers of THE OPTIONS TRADING FAQ. Without your stimulating questions and unflagging support, 1995 would not have been nearly as enjoyable. (This one was not a joke! - See ya’s on the ‘net!!)

HAVE A HAPPY, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


Good luck and trade well! Remember, an educated options trader is the best options trader. Browse these books books on trading options.

Tags: Options Trading, Options Traders

The Options Trading FAQ is a reprint of the ground-breaking work done at the dawn of the web age. The generation of option traders that learned the ins and outs of option trading from the usenet will remember these posts fondly.

Copyright 1996 This is copyrighted material about trading options. Do not reuse this text in any manner without permission. This option trading strategy information is valuable and monitored for unauthorized use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home